Show the people you love that you care. Make your Will today.
Thinking about your family’s future and what happens to your assets when you’re not around can be an upsetting time. Our Wills and Probate team will guide you through the process which can save your family further upset and money after your death.
Our Wills and Probate department is headed by our senior partner Andrea Cowley. Andrea is a qualified solicitor with over 20 years of experience. Also working within the department is our partner, Amy Hall. Amy is a qualified solicitor with over 6 years of experience.
Our experienced Wills and Probate team can respond quickly to individual situations and circumstances. We can provide advice regarding your family’s particular make-up, which is reflective of your wishes and offer advice around making financial gifts to family members.
We can help to:
- Appoint executors and guardians
- Safely store your will and other important legal documents
- Ensure that your assets go to the people and organisations you wish them to go to
- Minimise the chance that your Will is contested and subject to litigation.
At the same time as considering your Will, we strongly recommend you also put plans in place for any future incapacity. This will ensure that if you somehow become unable to make decisions about your finances, medical treatment, or living arrangements, then the person or persons you trust to make these decisions can do so unhindered.
Contact us to find out more about making a Will.
We understand that dealing with a deceased estate is one of the more difficult challenges in life.
We can help guide you through the probate process with patience and understanding. We can help you with:
- Advising executors and trustees regarding their duties and rights.
- Applying for Probate of the Will.
- Dealing with intestacy (where there is no Will).
- Identifying estate assets and liabilities, pay out debts and call in monies owed.
- Selling or transferring estate property, including estate auctions.