Whether you're buying, selling or remortgaging. We'll be with you every step of the way.
Buying or selling your home is quite possibly the largest financial transaction you will ever make. Our residential conveyancing team will help you to make sure that everything is in order, and that you’re making wise, informed decisions.
Our residential conveyancing team are here to help!
Our experienced team of conveyancers will ensure that you’re updated throughout your transaction and the whole process is as streamlined as possible.
Lisa Bailey heads our conveyancing department. Lisa is currently undertaking her CILEX qualification and holds Associate Status. Lisa has over 20 years of experience working in Property Law and 11 years specialising in Residential Conveyancing.
All work carried out in our Conveyancing Department is overseen by the firms partner Andrea Cowley. Andrea Cowley is a qualified solicitor with over 20 years of experience. Andrea specialises in Family Law but also has dealings with Conveyancing, Wills and Probate, Court of Protection and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Our conveyancing team will explain matters in plain English (we avoid jargon!) and keep you updated as cases progress from contracts being issued to the point of completion.
And for added peace of mind, we offer a fixed-fee service to help you budget for your move.
What happens in the conveyancing process?
Our conveyancing solicitors will:
- Check the current ownership of the property.
- Check the title of the property e.g., freehold or leasehold and advise you accordingly.
- Draft contracts and transfers and send them to you for signing.
- Carry out searches to ensure no planning or building issues, access issues, mining, and flood risks.
- Check any mortgage offer and review conditions.
- Calculate the final figure to pay and issue a completion statement.
- Exchange contracts. This is the point that the transaction becomes legally binding.
- Arrange for the title to be transferred to the new owner’s name.
- Register the property in your name at HM Land Registry.
- Pay any Stamp Duty Land Tax on your behalf.
Why choose us?
- Fixed fee guarantee.
- A named point of contact dealing with your matter.
- We’re experienced in sales, purchases, remortgages, transfer of equity and more.
- We’re local!
Contact us today to discuss your conveyancing requirements.